Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Welcome to My Project!


Hi Everyone. Welcome to my project blog. The project is a children's picture book called "On a Winter's Night", and it is about the adventures of a young white fox as he explores the mysteries of his huge beautiful world at night. While doing so he finds himself in a strange secret forest that sets him off on a special mission.

I am basing the overall "look" of the illustrations on production art from classic and modern animated movies to get a very cinematic look. Artist like Mary Blair, Eyvind Earle and Charley Harper are big influences. The great thing about production art for animated movies is that it tells the story without words. The pictures carry the message, and because of that there is so much "life" in that work. While my book will have words, the illustrations will carry most of the story and emotion. My main goal with this book is to provide a colorful, beautiful, ethereal dream-like world to escape into...like some of the great children's books I had as a child.



1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous and breathtaking. Astonishing work. I would hope that you work on more projects like this in the future, because the talent that shines through this is unparalleled.

    Secondly, I hope you have not left this project behind. Ooooh I do hope. It looks so intriguing.

    ReplyDelete